You need a representative that will support your ideas, fight for the needs of your community and earn your respect. For someone who truly cares for your community, look no further than Jackie Baker for Senate.
Jackie has felt the impacts of lawmakers’ failure to put Pennsylvanians first.
She has listened to community members who feel ignored, has a plan to enact policies that help the everyday lives of our hard-working citizens, and
believes that the State Government should truly be of, by, and for the people.
Create good paying jobs
* Advance workers' protections, and stimulate economic recovery in PA
Provide access to affordable healthcare for all
* Saving rural community hospitals * Put a cap on the cost of life-saving prescription medicines, (like insulin) * Provide more community services that treat mental healthcare & addiction, * Provide women’s healthcare (preventive care services like cancer screenings and family planning)
Investments in public education and childcare
* Upgrade public school buildings (clean, safe, and structurally sound) * Provide teachers with the resources, tools, and the most up-to-date technology to prepare our students for the jobs of the future
Protecting & preserving our environment
The right to breathe clean air and drink clean water is guaranteed in Article I, Sec. 27 of the Pennsylvania Constitution.
* Protect our air and water by updating laws to meet the current challenges we face * Address the problem of lead and other contaminants in our water * Invest in green infrastructure to upgrade our water and sewer systems, creating jobs & saving money
Fixing PA’s infrastructure
* Invest in updating PA's infrastructure & creating accessible public transportation, * Expanding broadband wi-fi and cellular services
Reforming the PA tax system
Over 70% of large corporations and businesses that operate in Pennsylvania pay NOTHING in taxes.
* Fix the upside-down tax system in PA which taxes low-income people, middle-income people, and small businesses too much while allowing the richest people and largest corporations to get away without paying their fair share.
If we join together and make our voices heard, we can fight for the change we want to see!
Voting serves all of us. Thank you for your commitment.