Rural people are too often ignored in Harrisburg. A lack of affordable and accessible healthcare has devastated rural people. Rural hospitals are closing, affecting the health of our people. Rural people have to travel anywhere between 1-3 hours to get to a hospital for care. This is extremely dangerous. And, because people in rural areas drive everywhere, the gasoline tax at the pumps has added an extra burden to PA families. Our local schools, farms, and businesses are struggling, while career politicians remain silent. It’s time our tax dollars started to benefit “WE THE PEOPLE” and not corporate donors. Rural people need a bill of rights—The Rural Bill of Rights.
The Rural Bill of Rights:
1. Access to Hospitals and Affordable Healthcare
2. Access to Broadband and Cell Phone Service
3. Access to Public Transportation
4. Investment in Public Education
5. Protection and Growth of Family Farms
6. Access to Good Paying Jobs and Worker Protections
7. Infrastructure Investments
8. Support of Local Businesses
9. Access to Clean Air, Water, and Land
10. Upholding the PA and US Constitutions.
You are cordially invited to sign the Rural Bill of Rights online petition. The link to the petition can be found here:
For far too long these problems have been left unaddressed, while rural communities continue to suffer. I hope that you will lend your support to this people powered platform.
Together, with your voice, we can work to improve the lives of all Pennsylvanians and build a better future.
Rural people are too often ignored in Harrisburg. A lack of affordable and accessible healthcare has